Saturday, January 19, 2013

When you NEED just a little bit of cake...

A while back, my mom shared with me a simple shortcut to those individual microwavable cakes that were (are?) such a big fad at the grocery store.  I never thought it would be so enticing in our household, but we enjoy it in spurts and have just finished off a whole box of cake mix in the process.
I'm sure this is posted in multiple other places online.  I have to admit, I'm mainly writing this up just so I never lose the "recipe" myself.  Let's face it, writing the instructions on the side of a cake mix box is probably not going to guarantee lasting consultation.

This picture is from "Things that make you say 'Mmmmmmm!'"  See Karyn's recipe for a slightly larger batch!


Individual Instant Microwave Cakes:

In a small microwave-safe dish (we like using porcelin creme brulee ramekins) combine:
  • 1/4 cup cake mix (we've only used devil's food, but I'm sure any flavor can work)
  • 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp (aka 4 tsp) water
Stir it up til all the mix is moistened.  We also like to add a dollop of caramel or chocolate chips (mmm, melty!)
Microwave for 30-40 seconds until top appears dry.
Cool a while if necessary, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment